There’s no single best approach to uterine fibroid treatment and many treatment options exist. If you have symptoms, talk with your doctor about options for symptom relief. These are treatment options for uterine fibroids:
1. Watchful waiting – if fibroids are small and are asymptomatic
2. Medications like GnRH agonists, progestine releasing IUD, Tranexamic acid, NSAIDS. They don’t eliminate fibroids, but may shrink them and reduce the symptoms. But lot of pains experience side effects of these medicines. So they can be used for very short periods till some other methods of treatment is decided.
MRI guided HIFU: under MRI guidance, the high intensity ultrasound waves are focused on the fibroids to destroy them. Its new technology, so researchers are learning more about the long-term safety and effectiveness. But so far data collected show that HIFU for uterine fibroids is safe and effective.
4. Uterine Fibroid Embolization: Its minimally invasive uterine artery embolization procedure to block of the blood supply to uterine fibroids which eventually shrink over a periods of time depending on the size of fibroids. It has a success rate of 90-95% with rare complications.
5. Thermal Ablation Treatment: percutaneous or lapascopically the fibroids are accessed using the RF probe or Microwave antenne and the fibroids are thermally ablated. Cryoablation is the technique of freezing the fibroids to destroy them using very low temperature.
6. Endometrial Ablation: Instrument inserted into your uterus, uses heat, to destroy the lining of your uterus, either ending menstruation or reducing your menstrual flow. Typically, endometrial ablation is effective in stopping abnormal bleeding. Submucosal fibroids can be removed at the time of hysteroscopy for endometrial ablation, but this doesn’t affect fibroids outside the interior lining of the uterus.
7. Myomectomy Surgery either laparascopic, robotic, hysteroscopic or open myomectomy: In this surgery, the fibroids are removed by cutting and removing the fibroids.
8. Hysterectomy: surgical removal of the uterus along with which the fibroids which are present within the uterus also removed.
With any procedure that doesn’t remove the uterus, there’s a risk that new fibroids could grow and cause symptoms.
In the event that you’re worn out because of Uterine Fibroids, contact the truly outstanding in the non-Surgical treatment of Uterine fibroids Dr. Shailesh Kumar Garge of the Citi Vascular Centre. To make an appointment, kindly call 7032508468
PCOS / Fibroid is easily cured with herbs. I got cured without undergoing any surgery. Thanks to Dr Nyokabi. His contacts are on his website http://www.drnyokabi.wordpress.com
PCOS / Fibroid is easily cured with herbs. I got cured without undergoing any surgery.. Thanks to Dr Nyokabi. His contacts are on his website http://www.drnyokabi.wordpress.com